Dyslexia, means “difficulty with words” .Dyslexia or word Blindness may be discovered when a child learns to read. It is a disorder due to a flaw in the child’s perception. Great personalities like Einstien were also affected with Dyslexia. Dyslexia is a specific learning disorder where some disturbances in brain functioning poses difficulty with one’s ability to read. These individuals typically read and write at levels significantly lower than expected despite having normal intelligence. Immediate memory or working memory is an attribute of the brain that saves information and ideas we are working with. Dyslexics have some functional impairment of brain that poses difficulty in processing information and pieces of information get lost on the way
Very often dyslexia used to be mistaken for mental retardation now dyslexia is no longer an alien word where 5 to 12 percent of school children are believed to be dyslexic.
- As their perceptual ability is weak, numbers written on board do not mean anything to them. Frequently, the problem is one of mirror Image for example, the alphabet “b” appears as “d” or if inverted image where “p” is mistaken for “b”. Although the disorder varies from person to person, common characteristics among people with dyslexia are letter or word reversals when reading or writing (such as pat/tap, b/d, p/q)
- Difficulty in comprehending written or spoken directions;
- Difficulty understanding or remembering what is said to them or what they have just read;
- Difficulty expressing their thoughts on paper.
- Dyslexics take extra time to get information across and complete the task. At the same time the memory of the dyslexics tends to be exceptionally good, in fact many children substitute memory for reading. They ask their parents or somebody to read stories aloud to them, and memorize the text or the contents.
No apparent cause known yet. Researches are on. While the exact cause of dyslexia is not yet known. But the recent studies indicate that the root of this disorder lies in some genetic defects.
- delayed onset of speech and a lack of phonological awareness
- dysgraphia, (poor speller)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Auditory processing disorder
- Developmental coordination disorder
Dyslexic individuals can learn to read and write with educational support. There are techniques and technical aids, which manage or even conceal symptoms of the disorder. Removing stress and anxiety alone contributes to improving understanding.
The recent studies indicate that the root of this disorder lies in some genetic defects. This makes dyslexia a constitutional disorder, as it is an outcome of a constitutional problem (genetic factors). Poor schooling and health are aggravating factors. While treating Dyslexia, the treatment needs to be planned to focus at a root level that is to say to affect the genetic tendency. Homeopathic treatment does that precisely. Thus the dyslexics require Awareness, Sympathy and Homoeopathy.
Homoeopathy is very strongly recommended for management of dyslexia. Support therapy in the form of modified teaching methods and the educational envirnment to meet the specific needs of dyslexics will compliment the results of homoeopathy. Other related problems are already mentioned in the book titled "The Problem Child and Homoeopathy" By- Dr.A.K.Gupta, published by B.Jain Publishers.
- Routine Blood
- X-Ray Head
- CT Scan Brain