Dementia is caused by damage to brain cells. This damage interferes with the ability of brain cells to communicate with each other. When brain cells cannot communicate normally, thinking, behavior and feelings can be affected.
The brain has many distinct regions, each of which is responsible for different functions (for example, memory, judgment and movement). When cells in a particular region are damaged, that region cannot carry out its functions normally.
Certain factors that may also cause Dementia are:-
- Medication side effects
- Excess use of alcohol
- Thyroid problems
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Communication and language
- Ability to focus and pay attention
- Reasoning and judgment
- Visual perception
- One can help protect the brain with some of the same strategies that protect the heart — don't smoke; take steps to keep the blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar within recommended limits; and maintain a healthy weight.
- Do regular physical exercise and activities
- Avoid non-vegetarian food as much as possible
- Stay happy and joyous and donot take much stress. Act on things rather than only thinking about them and worrying
- CT Scan of the Brain
- MRI of the Brain
- Complete Lipid Profile
- Blood CRP levels
- Serum Electrolytes
Dementia effectively treated with Homoeopathy
Around six months back my father was diagnosed with dementia and sleep disorder. We were taking treatment from a psychiatrist but the medicineS were too many and too much for him as he is 68.
Then we decided to try homeopathic treatment. I have taken treatment from Dr. Gupta earlier. So I called him and discussed his case with him. He assured me that within 15 days you will start seeing the improvement.
To my surprise, within a couple of days, my father started behaving normally. He again started listening to songs and music on the radio, started talking with other family members, started going for a long walk. Earlier he was listless and sometimes wore clothes upside down even had a strong aversion towards bathing. But now he takes bath on his own and sleeps fine. We are taking psychiatric treatment with homeopathic treatment but now he is just taking 2 medicines.. one for dementia and a light medicine for sleep. But his condition is far far better than it was before.
Thanks to Dr. Gupta for his help and guidance. Highly recommended.