It is the most deadly and feared disease of the modern times. Medically, cancer means abnormal and uncontrolled growth of body cells or parts. The process leads to destruction of the healthy tissues. Malignancy is almost a synonym to cancer in broad sense. Cancerous tumors are also called malignant growths.
Tumor means overgrowth. However, every tumor may not be cancerous. Cancer is also known as malignancy. Carcinoma is a term used for malignant tumors. Cancer may be in different stages.
- Those tumors, which are not cancerous, are called benign tumors.
- Those tumors, which are cancerous, are also called malignant tumors.
- Chemicals like Tobacco smoke, Asbestos, Exposure to Benzene
- Faulty Diet and physical inactivity and obesity like - A frequent food contaminant causes liver cancer; Betel nut chewing can cause oral cancer.
- Infectious disease also cause cancer. Infectious agents likes parasites, bacteria, viruses also can cause it.
- Genetic reasons and mutations may also cause it.
Local symptoms may occur due to the mass of the tumor or its ulceration such as:-
- Lung cancer can block thebronchus resulting in cough or pneumonia
- Esophageal cancer can cause narrowing of the esophagus, making it difficult or painful to swallow
- Ulceration can cause bleeding that, if it occurs in the lung, will lead to coughing up blood
- Some cancers can cause a buildup of fluid within the chest orabdomen.
- unintentional weight loss
- excessive fatigue and changes to the skin.
- Hodgkin disease, leukemias and cancers of the liver or kidney can cause a persistent fever
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Enlarged liver or enlarged spleen, which can be felt in the abdomen
- Pain or fracture of affected bones and neurological symptoms.
Cancer could be prevented by avoiding risk factors including: tobacco, excess weight/obesity, poor diet, physical inactivity, alcohol, sexually transmitted infections and air pollution. Also packed foods, anti-perspirants and sun screens should be avoided.
- Homoeopathy can improve the quality of life, vitality and general sense of well-being of the patient.
- It can help a great deal as pain-killing measure.
- It can help to certain extent, to stop spreading the disease process (metastasis) and its likely complications to a certain extent.
- It can help other symptoms and secondary effects, such as Ascites, Infections, and Vomiting etc.
- It can help minimizing the side-effects of cancer medicines, radiation, and chemotherapy.
- However, Cancer is one condition where complete cure is difficult to achieve and the prognosis of the case entirely depends on the severity and stage of cancer.
- Homoeopathy helps cancer patients at various stages and its complementary role is strongly indicated.
- Complete Haemogram,
- Cancer Markers
- CT Scan
- Bone Scan
- Body Scan
- Cancer profile