An inguinal hernia occurs when tissue, such as part of the intestine, protrudes through a weak spot in the abdominal muscles. The resulting bulge can be painful, especially when you cough, bend over or lift a heavy object.
- Increased pressure within the abdomen
- A pre-existing weak spot in the abdominal wall
- A combination of increased pressure within the abdomen and a pre-existing weak spot in the abdominal wall
- Straining during bowel movements or urination
- Strenuous activity
- Chronic coughing or sneezing
- A bulge in the area on either side of the pubic bone, which becomes more obvious when patient is upright, especially if one coughs or strain
- A burning or aching sensation at the bulge
- Pain or discomfort in the groin, especially when bending over, coughing or lifting
- A heavy or dragging sensation in the groin
- Weakness or pressure in the groin
- Occasionally, pain and swelling around the testicles when the protruding intestine descends into the scrotum
- Maintain a healthy weight. Talk to the doctor about the best exercise and diet plan.
- Emphasize high-fiber foods. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains contain fiber that can help prevent constipation and straining.
- Lift heavy objects carefully or avoid heavy lifting. If you must lift something heavy, always bend from your knees — not your waist.
- Stop smoking. Besides its role in many serious diseases, smoking often causes a chronic cough that can lead to or aggravate an inguinal hernia.
- Dont rely on a truss. Wearing a supportive garment designed to keep hernias in place (hernia truss) doesnt correct the problem or help prevent complications.
- Clinical Examination
- USG of the lower abdomen
- USG of the scrotum
Infantile Left Inguinal Hernia cured with Homoeopathy
My self Prabhakar Singh and I have a new born baby boy approx. 1 month of age who was suffering with inguinal hernia. Every Doctor I saw for my son said that the treatment for Inguinal Hernia was not possible and that only surgery was the way out.
But someone suggested trying to look for any treatment in Homoeopathy for once. I came across AKGsOVIHAMS clinic on the net and I went to consult there for my son. We met Dr. Sanket Gupta there and he was the 1st doctor who said that my son could be treated and there was no need of surgery. We were thrilled to hear this but also doubtful if this was possible. But the way Dr. Sanket assured us, made us believe in him and Homoeopathy. With full faith we started the treatment in May 2015 and in just 2 months treatment my baby became absolutely fine. The swelling of hernia had disappeared in 20 days only but to completely cure we continued the medicines for 1 more month. We have never seen hernia again till date.
I want to thank Dr. Sanket Gupta for saving my son from the misery of a surgery.
Aya Nagar, New Delhi